- The library. Yeah I know this is an obvious answer but it holds true. Our tax dollars pays for the library so therefore why not make use of it. There might be a wait time for a bestselling book but its still worth not paying full price on a book. Plus the library takes book recommendations on what to purchase. Just visit their website or talk to your local librarian and tell them what books you want. I also hear from people who say they just can't make the trip and that they are just too busy. Well guess what? Most libraries are now digital. For example my library uses the Overdrive app (FREE) and I can use it to read ebooks and listen to audio books. WIN! WIN!
- This Blog! I know, I know I am biased. But seriously this blog gives away a lot of free books. If you follow on Facebook there are contests all the time and each night JOOOD (she's the mastermind behind this blog) will post book deals she finds online. Lots of free and cheap books. Seriously, she looks up books on Amazon everyday so that she can share her finds. Lastly, She even started an online book club where reviewers get free books each month as long as they review the books they read. Now how neat is that? For more info please visit here.
- Netgalley.com I know there are other sites that are similar but this is the site that I use therefore I am speaking from experience. Netgalley is a site where you basically get free books from the publisher and all you have to do is review it. Some books are hits or misses but I feel its worth checking out. My only suggestion is not to become click happy and request all the books. Don't do that. If you don't review the book than your reviewer ratings will go down. I would also recommend looking at the retail price of the book to make sure its worth reviewing.
- Follow your favorite authors on Facebook, twitter and any other social media. They will be the first to post when they have a book on sale. I also find that a book will go on sale a month or two after release. Therefore if you can wait then wait for the special deal.
- Signing up for the BookBub.com newsletter. Every day get an email with books that are free or drastically reduced. Pretty easy.
- Attend a Facebook online party. A lot of blogs (This one here) will host these kind of parties on the release day of an author's upcoming book. Hint: The less attendees the greater the chance of winning books. My favorite parties are from Avon Romance so I would highly recommend them They actually give out paperbacks along with other prizes. Follow them here.
- Barnes & Noble had Free Friday where they will post every Friday their e-book deals.
- Kindle Daily Deals is another site to check out for daily deals.
I hope this helps for those looking for cheap or free books. If you know of other pages that gives away books then let me know. Its all about sharing information. I do support authors and ask everybody to review the books they read. Even if its two or three sentences it helps an author ratings on Amazon.
I can't end this post without posting my favorite free books. Check them out but p;lease note at the time of posting these books were free. This could all change depending on the author and/or publisher.
| || || || |
| || || || |